Electronics Engineering is one of fast developing technology in world and most of Technology are now changed with its amazing functionality of control and processing. In this context in 2033 B.S.(1976 AD) with two years course named as Proficiency in Radio Electronics (PRE) was started in Pulchowk Campus with 24 students. Then from 2041 B.S.(1984 AD) the course is changed as three years course Diploma in Electronics Engineering (DEX) with student capacity of 48 students. In 2048 B.S. (1991 AD) Bachelor in Electronics Engineering was started in same Pulchowk Campus.
In Thapathali campus, first Electronics Engineering started as Diploma level from 2058 B.S. (1998 AD) under the Department of Electronics Engineering. After three years the diploma in Computer Engineering was started in 2061 B.S.(2001 AD) and renamed the department as Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering. As the Government of Nepal has changed its policy to run the diploma level of engineering through the CTEVT (Council of Technical Education and Vocational Training) in 2069 B.S.(2013 AD), the diploma was faded out from this same year and started same course of bachelor in Electronics Engineering of Pulchowk Campus in Thapathali Campus. Same way in 2070 B.S. Bachelor in Computer Engineering (BCT)was started in Thapathali campus with as regular student capacity of 48 students. In-between the development of electronics changed and bachelor in Electronics and Communication Engineering is revised with new name of Bachelor in Electronics Communication and Information Engineering(BEI) in 2075 B.S. Now the department has total intake of 96 students in bachelor level and 40 students in Masters level as course of M.Sc. in Informatics and Intelligent Systems Engineering started from 2077 B.S. In this way total 424 number of students are currently studying under this department.
The Electronics and Computer Department is fully dedicated to provide modern innovative education and includes many extra activities of seminars, workshops to cope new research and development among students and teachers. It appreciates to conduct research works during the study period as nowadays all studies are focused in research works.
- To produce manpower needed the national aspirations and goals in the field of Electronics, Informa tion and computer engineering.
- To undertake various research work in the areas of electronics and computer engineering, so as to strengthen the national electronics and computer engineering capability and solve electronics and computer engineering related problems.
- To make students competent in the fields of information technology (IT Sector), robotics and networking as well.
- To provide wide range of consulting services in the areas of electronics and computer engineering.
- To provide short courses on relevant field in collaboration with foreign university faculty.
- To conduct relevant short term upgrading courses as needed.
Key post staffs of Department
- Er. Kiran Chandra Dahal -Head of Department(HOD)
- Er. Umesh Kant Ghimire- Deputy Head of Department(electronics) and Project Co-ordinator
- Er. Rama Bastola-Deputy Head of Department(computer)(Phd. Scholar)
- Er. Dinesh Baniya kshatri-Lecturer M.Sc. Co-ordinator
Other Teaching Faculties
- Shanta Maharjan -(Associate Professor,Head of EMIS unit)
- Janardan Bhatta (Lecturer, Campus Chief)
- Binod Sapkota-(Lecturer,Phd. scholar )
- Dhan Maya Thapa (Phd. Scholar)
- Binay Shresth(lecturer)
- Shikhar Bhattarai(lecturer)
- Ganesh Kumal (Assistant Instructor)
- Subodh Neupane (Assistant Instructor)
1.Nabin Lamichhane - Lab Assistant
2.Lila Adhikari-Office Helper